Hardware that connects the PC to telephone lines is required in order to use Active Call Center on live telephone calls. This section of the manual discusses various types of hardware and includes installation and performance suggestions.
The general requirements for compatible telephony hardware are as follows:
- Hardware must be TAPI 1.4-2.1 compliant and include TAPI drivers.
- TAPI drivers must support voice modes.
- Hardware drivers must include TAPI wave drivers.
- Hardware must support 8/16 bit 8 kHz mono PCM or 8 bit 11.025 kHz mono PCM audio formats.
The most common types of hardware used with Active Call Center are:
- Voice modems (offer lowest quality)
- Brooktrout TAPI compliant telephony cards (exceptional quality, but currently supported only to Windows 2000)
- Intel / Dialogic TAPI compliant telephony cards (exceptional quality, support through at least Windows XP)
- Avaya IP Office (IP Telephony hardware)