Selecting Lucent Text-to-Speech Voice and Language
To use voices from the Lucent text-to-speech engine, select the voice in the selection dialog as follows:
From the menu bar, click Tools ... Digital Voice Selection.
Under text-to-speech engine the Lucent voices are found with names ending in "-T", "-TE", "-TD", and "-TED". The meanings of these extensions are as follows:
- -T : Generic voice for most voice modems and telephony cards (including Brooktrout).
- -TE : Voice with e-mail pre-processing for most voice modems and telephony cards (including Brooktrout).
- -TD : Generic voice for most Dialogic cards.
- -TED : Voice with e-mail pre-processing for most Dialogic cards.
The various speakers that are listed are for different languages as follows:
- John / Grace : American English.
- Pierre / Madeleine : Continental French.
- Jacques / Yvette : Canadian French.
- Rainer / Monika : German.
- Carlo / Giulia : Italian.
- Pedro / Juanita : Castilian Spanish.
- Pablo / Carmen : Mexican Spanish.
- Ming : Mandarin Chinese.
"Mike" and "Mary" voices are powered by the Microsoft text-to-speech engine.
Once a Lucent voice has been selected, that voice will be used by default when processing Call Trees.