Active Call Center is software that answers and processes incoming or outbound telephone calls. Here's a summary of how Active Call Center handles inbound calls:
- The phone rings.
- Active Call Center answers with an initial greeting and question.
- The caller responds to the question by speaking or touch tones.
- Active Call Center performs some actions based on the caller's response.
- Active Call Center responds with feedback.
- Active Call Center may ask another question, in which case the cycle would repeat with the caller responding and the Active Call Center performing actions and giving feedback.
- The call ends when Active Call Center does not have any more questions or the caller hangs up.
Outbound call operation is very similar, except for the following differences:
- Active Call Center dials a number instead of waiting for an incoming call.
- Outbound calls can be performed in large batches, one after another.